Saturday, October 18, 2014

Book 2: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith





Book 2 is The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.








I've read it before, but at that time there were only 3 or 4 in the series. Now there's 13, so if I enjoy it as much as I remember, I can just keep going.

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Stats
Pages: 235
Began: 8:55 am
Finished:11:24 am
Total time: 2 hr, 29 minutes (.4 pg/min avg)
Rating: 3.3

I really enjoyed this book. There was a lot that I didn't remember (not surprising given how long ago I read it), but it retains its charm. I like its episodic structure, and as it's set in a country I know very little about (Botswana), it's interesting to get a feel for what the culture out there is like, even if it's just one fictional author's interpretation of it.

I'm going to continue with the series, I think, until I get bored. 

GoogleDocs Spreadsheet

No comments:

Post a Comment