Sunday, October 19, 2014

End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 17 (midnight, for me). I knew I wasn't going to make it past it.


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
 The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency is nice and light, while also being interesting enough to stay engaged. I recommend it.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
From what I saw, this seemed fine.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
I liked the Mini-Challenges.

5. How many books did you read?
I read 6 books, and started a 7th at the zero hour

6. Which book did you enjoy the most?
I really liked John Julius Norton's Shakespeare's Kings.

7. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed all my books, but ironically Shakespeare's Kings was a bit disheartening because it was the longest book and also far denser, so it didn't feel like I was making all that much progress.

8. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
I was a reader.

9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will very likely do this again. I don't know if I'll ever make it the 24 - you can't afford to mess up your sleep schedule that much when you get up at 5:30 every weekday morning (yay teaching.) but I enjoyed the camaraderie and knowing that people were reading with me all over the world.

2 comments:

  1. Good point on the mess up the sleep...I was wondering the same thing. Although I didn't stay up nearly as long as you managed to so I didn't mess nothing up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely makes sense for you to not mess up your sleep! My hubby gets up at 5-6 for work days and though he tried to stay up, since he's off til Tues, he only made it to 1:30. Glad you had a good time!! :) Here's my Wrap Up Post.

    ReplyDelete