Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mini-Challenge: Show It Off!

Dear to my heart for itself, and for the humor of its appearance, here is something I love to read:

Stephen King's vampire classic 'Salem's Lot, complete with genuine toothmarks!


Not mine, I swear. My childhood dog, a deviously intelligent beagle named Tilly, sometimes felt that she wasn't receiving her (admittedly deserved) due. To ensure our undivided attention, she chose individual-specific items to carry over to our family members and begin to chew (a sort of canine, "Pet me now, or your precious possession gets it!" I told you, devious.) For my mother, it was usually a shoe or a kitchen utensil. For my father, the TV remote or one of his briefcases. For me, it was almost always a book.

I lost several books that way, but the fact that this one remained intact except for ironically appropriate toothmarks only added to my enjoyment of reading this, my tied-for-first-place King novel. I own several dozen ebooks, but this and its co-favorite (The Shining) I have thus far refused to replace from paper books.

No comments:

Post a Comment