Sunday, October 19, 2014

The End

I didn't make it 24 hours, but I made it 18, which is fairly respectable.

For the Readathon, I read:

I read:


Six books finished, with one at 46%
  • Total Pages: 1510
  • Pages an Hour: 62 (1 pg/min) 
  • Average Page per book: 201
Shorter books were key, I think. However much I enjoyed the longest book I read (Shakespeare's Kings), it was disheartening to be reading the same book for so long - 7 hours, as opposed to the 2 hours or so the others took me. I liked to be able to give "real" updates.

I enjoyed reading along with many people ^_^ However, as I discovered with my 365 Challenge last year, when I have a goal in my head, the reading becomes more about the goal than the reading. I prefer to read for fun, to feel that I can pick up a book or put it down and not have an impact on anything other than what I'm doing at the time.

Still, I may participate again next year. I may also keep this blog up, maybe try for real reviews or reflections when I don't have a time crunch staring me in the face. I do like to crunch the numbers and consider all the books I've read, so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment